Companies are always looking for ways to cut costs, and that’s nothing new. In modern times, a company can’t hope to succeed without investing a decent amount of money in computer technology. One of the most expensive and complicated aspects of running a modern business is data management. Without protecting its data adequately, a company exposes itself to serious risks. At the same time, the data needs to be easily accessible to people within the organization. Traditional options like servers have many drawbacks. As a result, network-attached storage systems, or NAS systems, are increasingly popular alternatives. The evolution of NAS has resulted in systems that provide many exciting benefits for companies of many sizes. If you’re looking for a fast, efficient, reliable and cost-effective way to store your company’s data, an NAS system may be right for you.
NAS Systems: Key Benefits for Businesses
Technically, an NAS system can be beneficial in residential settings as well as business settings. For the purposes of this blog post, we’ll focus on the top benefits that a well-designed NAS system can have for a business. They include:
- Fast Access – Because an NAS system isn’t attached to a server, it provides much faster access to data. Even if multiple people are accessing data at the same time, the speed of the network should not be compromised. This is significant because many other forms of data storage become bogged down when too many users are uploading and downloading files.
- Simple Configuration – In most cases, all that needs to be done to install and configure an NAS system is to plug it in. What little configuration that needs to be done can be handled quickly and easily. There’s no need to temporarily block access to the server, so employees can carry on with their daily work while the NAS system is configured.
- Easy Administration – As far as maintenance goes, NAS systems are tough to beat. Your IT personnel will no longer have to devote considerable amounts of time to managing and protecting data. These self-contained systems are strictly designed to store data on a computer network. They are designed with efficiency and access in mind. As a result, you can save a lot of money on manpower by switching to an NAS system.
- Scalable – Like any other business owner, you’d probably like to see your company grow. An NAS system alleviates many of the growing pains that are sure to accompany expansion. Instead of adding massive amounts of hardware and ending up with a confusing computer setup, you can simply add more storage to your NAS system. It’s streamlined, easy and convenient. NAS systems grow right along with your business.
- Access for All – One of the best things about NAS systems is that they can be accessed by all types of computers and operating systems. Everyone who is on the network can share and access data, whether they’re using Macs, PCs or different operating systems.
The evolution of NAS storage has culminated in an exceptional data storage solution. From a business standpoint, these types of storage systems excel on many levels. The popularity of NAS systems is only going to grow. In the not-too-distant future, network-attached storage will be the standard. By getting on board with it now, you can start enjoying the benefits right away.