Everyone you know is doing it, and you should be doing it too. We’re talking, of course, about pinning our favorite things on Pinterest. This exciting website is a relative newcomer to the social networking world, but it has taken the world by storm. When you use Pinterest, you can create virtual bulletin boards on which you can pin your favorite things from around the Internet to share with others. If you would like to get pinning, but are short of ideas, try creating bulletin boards for these topics for starters:
- Collect Recipes – This is one of the greatest ways in the world to digitally store all of your favorite recipes from across the Internet in one easy to find place. If you are a true cook, you can even create multiple boards to divide your recipes into categories. Then, when you are ready to cook, you know exactly where to find that great recipe you were using. In addition to sharing your own finds, you can also browse favorite recipes pinned by other users.
- Design and Decorating – Pinterest is a great place to find decorating ideas from other users as well as to keep other great ideas you find elsewhere. Even if you aren’t planning to buy a home ore redecorate right now, this is an excellent way to keep ideas and notes for what you would like to do in the future.
- Vacations – If you are planning a vacation, Pinterest offers you a great way to keep track of interesting places you’d like to visit once you get there. My aunt, who just started earning a midwife salary, has started dreaming about where she wants to go on vacation. If a vacation isn’t in your immediate future, follow the lead of many pinners and create a board of places you’d like to visit when you get the chance.
- Wish or Gift Lists – Have you ever found something online that you’d love to have or that you’d love to give as a gift, only to forget all about it later on? With Pinterest, you can create boards displaying items on your wish list, boards to keep track of great gift ideas, or boards that simply keep track of things you found that you would like to have but will probably never buy. Either way, it’s a fun way to share your ideas and interest with your friends and other Pinterest users.
- Inspiration – Many Pinterest users create boards just to keep track of personal mantras, goals for their futures, and other images and quotes that inspire them. It’s an excellent way to find a one-stop pick me up for those days when you wonder why you even bother.
- Humor – Are you constantly running across pictures and jokes on the Internet that make you chuckle? By pinning them to your Pinterest humor board, you can easily share them with your family and friends and spread the laughter.
- Crafts – One of the most common uses for Pinterest is to find and keep track of cool craft patterns and ideas. Never again will you have to wonder what happened to that great crochet pattern you found. It will be right there, on your Pinboard, waiting for you to give it a try.