Are you big fan of Windows? Is it the only operating system that you use. If it is then you may have tried experimenting with various modifications in Windows such as changing the icons, installing various themes and docks or sidebars.
Even changing the Log in Screen or even the boot screen. But the one modification that was common in Windows XP that a few people missed in Windows 7 was the ability to change the background images for Windows Explorer. Have you ever wondered the same thing? But not to worry here is how you can do it within minutes. All you need to do is download a free tool that runs on. .NET framework and use it to select custom background images.
Without any further delay let us begin the tutorial now.
- Check whether you have .NET Framework installed in your PC. If you do not have it then visit page and download it.
- Now that your PC passes the Minimum System Requirements for using the software we can continue with the rest of the tutorial.
- Visit this page and download the free tool. Once you download it just extract it then run it.
- Modifying the Background Image is pretty much straight forward just select the image and pick the directory for which you wish to use the image for. The software even allows you to use the same image for all subjects folders.
- If you are not able to see any changes then just open Task manager and click End Process on Windows Explorer. Now press Windows Key + R, type in explorer.exe and click on OK.
- That’s all you have to do to use a custom background for Windows Explorer in Windows 7.
For more such helpful tips and tricks Like our Facebook Page. If you are facing any difficulties with the customization then fell free to comment below.